Upon completion of the power-generating module, the customer must synchronize to the power grid.
The following terms and conditions must be fulfilled prior to synchronization:
- Elering has issued an energization notice and the Customer has verified whether control signals work least seven days before the desired synchronization of the power-generating module;
- The grid connection provided by Elering together with the point of consumption is ready to enter generation-consumption use;
- The customer’s electrical installation is ready for generation and the customer’s power-generating module is ready for synchronization;
- Customer submits a synchronization application to Elering at least seven days before the desired synchronization of the power-generating module;
- Elering has approved the integral design documentation for the electrical part of the electrical installation prepared by the customer, which was approved by Elering seven days before the desired synchronization date. The electrical design documentation shall include but is not limited to the following:
- type test reports for each different type of generation unit;
- Co-operation simulation report of the power-generating module and the electrical grid
- PSS/E and PSCAD models.
- Elering has approved the power-generating module’s acceptance testing plan prepared by the customer, which must be approved by Elering seven days before synchronization.
- In the case of synchronous generators, Elering has approved the results of the power-generating module no-load testing, which must be submitted at least 14 days before the desired power-generating module synchronization;
- The customer has remitted to Elering all payments that were required by the energization date and has complied as required with all obligations set forth in legal acts and in the agreement between the customer and the TSO;
- The customer has endorsed and verified the functioning of Elering control signals and pursuant to the information volumes table form specified in clause 5 of these guidelines at least seven days before the desired synchronization of the power-generating module;
- An interim network contract has been concluded, granting permission for the generation capacity of the grid connection.
After synchronization, the customer shall verify the correct functioning of all control signals specified in the technical design documentation, including measurements and control signals, with the control centre and, after synchronization, shall forward to Elering a report on testing of signals.
The verification of the conformity of the power-generating module and approval shall take place as stipulated in the connection agreement, the connection conditions, the RfG, the grid code and the Electricity Market Act. The conformity of the generation module to the established requirements shall be evaluated at the connection point between Elering and the customer.
The testing shall generally be conducted in three stages:
- Power-quality measurements;
functional testing of power-generating module. Elering has prepared a sample test report for energy park modules and a sample test report for synchronous modules, which can be used as a basis for preparing the test report;
- FRT test, following which the customer submits to Elering a report on the results of the testing and Elering gives its own assessment to the report.
Certification of conformity
After passing all agreed testing, Elering shall give an assessment of the conformity of the customer’s power-generating module to the requirements established in the grid code, RfG and connection agreement. The final operational notification shall be issued by Elering after compliance is achieved with the requirements set forth in the connection conditions.